The Atlanta Squash Center Mission To create a community of adult and junior squash players representing diverse socioeconomic groups and backgrounds in Atlanta, GA. In doing this, we will strive to sustain this diverse community and to provide academic and squash instruction to challenge and empower Atlanta area youth to achieve academic success, physical wellness, constructive citizenship and a path to higher education and beyond.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is A+ Squash? A+ Squash is Atlanta’s urban squash program focusing underserved 5th to 12th grade students on the City of Atlanta. Using squash as the “hook”, we are committed to delivering year-round youth development programming that encourages academic, athletic, and civic growth.
2. Why does A+ Squash need a facility? Our after-school programing only has access to available courts at Westminster and Georgia Tech. To accommodate the growing interest in the program and serve more kids, we need access to more courts – the new facility will put us in a position to do that. It will also create a home for the program where both, the students and their families, can be part of the squash community.
3. Where is the facility? Centrally located off I-75 and Howell Mill on Collier Road in the old Atlanta Rocks space. This center is only a few miles from the school most of our kids attend.
4. What will the facility be called? The Atlanta Squash Center.
5. What is the relationship between A+ Squash and The Atlanta Squash Center? The Atlanta Squash Center will be owned by A+ Squash (single member LLC) and all profits from ASC will flow to A+ Squash for ongoing programming. 6. Will it be open for play to the Atlanta squash community? Yes – we will provide several options for access and membership
7. What are the membership options? We will have several options including Founding Members (several levels), Individual Peak and Non-Peak, Family, Student and Community memberships
8. How many courts will the center have? There will be 5 singles courts and 1 hardball doubles court.
9. Will there be Softball Doubles? Yes, there will be singles court with a movable wall for softball doubles
10. Will be courts be of high quality? Yes – we will have championship courts from Court-Tech
11. When will the A+ Kids play? A+ programming will be after school and on Saturdays – a schedule will be published so all members know these times.
12. Will there always be courts available for member play? Yes, we anticipate that 1-2 singles courts and the doubles court will always be available for member play
13. Will there be lockers and showers? Yes, we will have both male and female locker and changing rooms with 2 showers each
14. Will there be club management? Yes, there will be club management – we are currently reviewing our options relating to this question.
15. Who will be the pro? At this time a pro or their final responsibilities has not been identified, however it is our intent to have the best possible personnel running and working at the facility.
16. Will there be local tournaments? Yes, we think tournaments are important and a great way to build the squash community in Atlanta.
17. Will there be national tournaments? We hope, it is our desire to be the squash hub in the Southeastern United States.
18. Will my family be able play? Absolutely, there will be many options for family play and we want this to be part broader community.
19. Will there be time available for juniors? Introducing squash to school age kids is one of our main goals. In addition, having a place for advanced players to train and get the best instruction is vital to our success.
20. Can the school my kids go to get involved? The new facility will offer options to both public and private schools to add squash to their current athletic curriculum.
21. Are you raising funds? How much? We are currently in a $1,750,000 campaign to fund the opening and operations of the new facility. To date we have commitments for over $1,000,000 toward this goal.
22. What will the money be used for? Courts, facility configuration and buildout, facility start-up expenses, building reserve, initial operating expenses and on-going A+ initiatives.
23. How will the club generate revenues? Thru membership initiation fees and annual/monthly dues. We will also offer squashbased programming including lessons, fitness classes, tournament participation, etc. We also plan to have a small pro shop area.
24. How can I support the facility and A+ Squash? We are looking for people to support us thru donations and memberships. We will discuss details with you on an individual basis.
25. Will membership donations be tax deductible? As you would expect, all donations to A+ Squash are tax deductible. We also anticipate that Founding Membership options (available until we open in the fall) will also be tax deductible.
26. What will make The Atlanta Squash Center unique? We will be a squash-centric facility focused on the community and the promotion of squash in Atlanta. There will be a great opportunity for members, juniors and the A+ Squash participants to foster this environment at The Atlanta Squash Center.
27. Will there be exercise equipment or fitness classes? We will have some equipment for warm-up and cool down. We would also anticipate having a squash focused fitness program. However, it is not our intent to be a traditional health club
28. Does this replace my current health club? Most of the clubs in Atlanta will offer more amenities (food, other sports, etc.) than we will be able to provide. Our focus is to be a squash club.
29. What will be the level of play? One of the best things about The Atlanta Squash Center will be having member and players at all levels of play and growing the interest in the sport.
COME JOIN US!!